Curried Pork Chops
My mother was a very traditional cook, except when it came to this recipe! My sisters and I enjoyed it when we were growing up. Now it's a favorite of our own kids'.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups diced unpeeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup raisins, optional
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked rice or macaroni
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops in 1 tablespoon of butter; drain and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining butter until tender. Add water, apples, raisins if desired, marmalade, lemon juice, curry, sugar and pepper; mix well. Bring to a boil.
- Return pork chops to skillet. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until pork juices run clear and apples are crisp-tender. Remove pork chops; keep warm.
- Combine flour and cold water until smooth; add to skillet, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Serve over rice or macaroni.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 364 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.
Oct 14, 2013
My teenage son was skeptical about this recipe, but it was a home run once he tasted it. He told me to definitely make this dish again in the future. Thanks Taste of Home. I wanted to try something new and different besides curry chicken.