Mango Chicken Curry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chopped peeled mango
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet, saute onion and red pepper in oil for 2-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the chicken, curry, ginger, garlic, salt and cayenne. Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the mango, coconut milk and tomato paste; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Serve with rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 328 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 405mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 36g protein.
Mar 16, 2013
Very good. May increase spices next time as it was a little bland. Substituted rice milk for coconut milk.
Dec 24, 2011
This is very nice! My husband and I think we would add a bit more mango and curry powder next time or maybe try curry paste instead of curry powder.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.