With a tossed green salad and some fresh hot rolls, this dish makes an easy delicious meal! You'll like how the apple and curry flavors accent the meal. Here's another bonus - it's a good way to use up leftover turkey from holiday dinners.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups milk
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups diced peeled apples
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 cups diced cooked turkey
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small saucepan, heat the milk and bouillon, stirring until bouillon is dissolved. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, saute apples and onion in oil until tender. Stir in the flour, curry powder, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk mixture and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add turkey and heat through. Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 336 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 668mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Curried Turkey in Country Extra March 1994