With a tossed green salad and some fresh hot rolls, this dish makes an easy delicious meal! You'll like how the apple and curry flavors accent the meal. Here's another bonus - it's a good way to use up leftover turkey from holiday dinners.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups milk
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups diced peeled apples
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 cups diced cooked turkey
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small saucepan, heat the milk and bouillon, stirring until bouillon is dissolved. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, saute apples and onion in oil until tender. Stir in the flour, curry powder, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk mixture and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add turkey and heat through. Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 336 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 668mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Curried Turkey in Country Extra March 1994
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.