Curried Lamb Chops
"Treat yourself and someone special to a fancy dinner with these moist tender chops," suggests Imelda Cauley from Delaware, Ohio. "The mild curry and apple flavors are wonderful with lamb."
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 4 bone-in loin lamb chops (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup diced peeled tart apple
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1-1/3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, brown lamb chops on both sides in oil. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute the onion, apple and curry until tender. Combine the flour, salt, sugar and mustard; add to the pan. Gradually stir in broth and lemon juice until blended. bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat.
- Return chops to the skillet; cover and simmer for 15 minutes, turning once, or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 345 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 1287mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 34g protein.
Originally published as Curried Lamb Chops in Taste of Home February/March 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.