Curry Lamb Chops
"My husband and I are retired but busy, so I rely on quick dishes like this."—Lois Szemko, East Islip, New York.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 bone-in lamb loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a skillet, brown the lamb chops on both sides in oil; drain. Combine the orange juice, teriyaki sauce, orange zest, curry and garlic; pour over lamb. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until meat is tender. Remove chops and keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pan drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve lamb and gravy with rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 337 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 402mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Originally published as Curry Lamb Chops in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.