Barbecued Lamb Chops
At Eastertime and for other holidays, I often get requests for these lamb chops. The moist and tender chops aren't difficult to make, but they taste special. Even people who don't care for lamb like it prepared this way.—Chris Nash, Berthoud, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2 to 3 cups olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped garlic
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt-free garlic and herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 18 lamb rib chops (1 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- In a shallow dish, combine the oil, garlic and seasonings; add lamb chops and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill the chops, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (135° for medium-rare, 140° for medium, 145° for medium-well).
Originally published as Barbecued Lamb Chops in Taste of Home April/May 2002
Nov 4, 2013
Very easy to throw together, and while I didn't follow the recipe exactly, it went very well. I also scaled WAY down, because I can't afford lamb rib chops for 9, nor do I need to feed 9 individuals regularly.