Pork Chops with Tomato Curry
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 4 teaspoons butter, divided
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 medium apples, thinly sliced (about 5 cups)
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes, undrained
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds, optional
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat 2 teaspoons butter over medium-high heat. Brown pork chops in batches. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat remaining butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender. Stir in apples, tomatoes, sugar, curry powder, salt and chili powder. Bring to a boil, stirring to break up tomatoes.
- Return chops to pan. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Turn chops; cook 3-5 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with rice and, if desired, sprinkle with almonds.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 3/4 cup tomato mixture and 2/3 cup rice (calculated without almonds): 478 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 475mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 7g fiber), 38g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Jul 2, 2019
Thanks! It's very helpful. I stress on the point that when on a new diet, a daily plan is very important Without it it’s too easy to fall for peer pressure, to be unprepared and to make bad decisions. I was one among those people who had knowledge about what to eat and what not to, but didn't have a daily plan to carry me through that critical first month until I came across something called as 28-Day Keto challenge. It's more than a plan, a challenge which guided me every step of my way. Their guidance helped me a lot and now I feel a sense of accomplishment. I notice my skin and hair improve and even can sleep better now. I lost a lot of weight too and I now have that energy which I haven't felt in years. I very strongly recommend you this. Visit https://bit.ly/2X8zIgv