Pan-Seared Lamb Chops
A trio of garlic, rosemary and mint enhances the flavor of these chops, along with the luxuriously flavorful sauce on top.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lamb loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Combine the first five ingredients; rub over chops. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chops in butter and oil for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove and keep warm.
- Add wine to the same skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in cream; cook for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with chops.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 437 calories, 33g fat (15g saturated fat), 146mg cholesterol, 429mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 30g protein.
Originally published as Lamb Loin or Rib Chops in Country April/May 2010
Dec 25, 2010
Really? You're going to get that nitpicky?
Dec 22, 2010
I do not think this picture is of loin chops as the recipe states...looks more like rib chops (rack of lamb)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.