Pan-Seared Lamb Chops
A trio of garlic, rosemary and mint enhances the flavor of these chops, along with the luxuriously flavorful sauce on top.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lamb loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Combine the first five ingredients; rub over chops. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chops in butter and oil for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Remove and keep warm.
- Add wine to the same skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in cream; cook for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with chops.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 437 calories, 33g fat (15g saturated fat), 146mg cholesterol, 429mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 30g protein.
Originally published as Lamb Loin or Rib Chops in Country April/May 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 25, 2010
Really? You're going to get that nitpicky?
Dec 22, 2010
I do not think this picture is of loin chops as the recipe states...looks more like rib chops (rack of lamb)