Grilled Lamb Chops with Wine Sauce
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onion
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 6 whole unpeeled garlic cloves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lamb rib or loin chops (6 ounces each)
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in 1 teaspoon oil until tender; add the wine. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 2 tablespoons. Stir in butter and thyme. Remove from the heat; keep warm.
- Place tomatoes on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil. Fold foil around tomatoes and seal tightly; set aside. Repeat with whole garlic cloves and remaining oil. Grill garlic, covered, over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the minced garlic, salt and pepper; rub over chops. Grill lamb and tomato packet, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until lamb reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
- Open tomato packet carefully to allow steam to escape; place tomatoes in a small bowl. When garlic is cool enough to handle, squeeze softened garlic over tomatoes; toss to coat. Serve lamb with tomatoes and wine sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 lamb chop with 1/4 cup tomatoes and 1-1/2 teaspoons sauce : 262 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 221mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Apr 17, 2015
This is the best recipe for Grilled Lamb Loin Chop. I did make some changes to the recipe though. Instead of fresh onions, I used dehydrated onions for the wine sauce. Be sure to use a good drinking red wine for the sauce, I used Firestone's Cab and it was a good choice. I did not have cherry tomatoes so I passed on the grilled tomato and garlic. The dish came out superb and with a side of garlic mashed potatoes, amazing.