Tropical Chicken Cauliflower Rice Bowls
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + marinating. Grill: 10 min.
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cubed (about 3 cups), divided
- 1/2 cup plain or coconut Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3 cups fresh cauliflower florets (about 1/2 small cauliflower)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- Toasted sweetened shredded coconut or lime wedges, optional
- For marinade, place 1 cup pineapple, yogurt, 2 tablespoons each cilantro and lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, pepper flakes and chili powder in a food processor; process until blended. In a large bowl, toss chicken with marinade; refrigerate, covered, 1-3 hours.
- In a clean food processor, pulse cauliflower until it resembles rice (do not overprocess). In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute onion until lightly browned, 3-5 minutes. Add cauliflower; cook and stir until lightly browned, 5-7 minutes. Stir in 1 cup pineapple and the remaining lime juice and salt; cook, covered, over medium heat until cauliflower is tender, 3-5 minutes. Stir in remaining cilantro. Keep warm.
- Preheat grill or broiler. Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Place chicken on an oiled grill rack over medium heat or in a greased foil-lined 15x10x1-in. pan. Grill, covered, or broil 4 in. from heat until a thermometer reads 165°, 4-6 minutes per side. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- To serve, divide cauliflower mixture among 4 bowls. Top with chicken, remaining pineapple and, if desired, coconut and lime wedges.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 325 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 529mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 4g fiber), 38g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Jul 18, 2019
This did not taste good. I would not recommend it. The flavor profile of the chicken just wasn't a good blend as directed.
Mar 27, 2019
HORRIBLE!!! I Don’t know how this is “kid approved”. The rice was so bad, do not make it!! Chicken was alright, but do not make the rice!!!