Pork Tenderloin with Wine Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound)
- Dash pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or additional reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Cut pork into 2-in. slices; flatten to 1-1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle with pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook pork in oil and butter for 5 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Add broth to the pan, scraping to loosen browned bits. Stir in the wine, mustard, thyme and rosemary. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with pork.
Nutrition Facts5 ounces cooked pork: 259 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.
Apr 5, 2020
Good basic recipe. Would cook less to be more tender.
Feb 2, 2019
To let rvgal237 know.....a pork tenderloin is completely different than the pork loin she used..The tenderloin is a much more tender cut of meat. That said, I made this several nights ago and it is delicious and so easy to prepare. I served it with fresh green beans, wild rice and a side salad. It made a wonderful meal.
Feb 18, 2011
I have made this several times and it is wonderful. I buy a one pound pork poin for $7.99...cut it into 2" slices (I get about 8 slices). I brown them for 3 minutes per side, remove them from the pan, then make the gravy using the wine, etc....then return the pork to the pan and cook for another 5 minutes. The pork is perfect and moist and tender and yummy !! You don't need to cook pork to death as we have believed in the past ! And pork is good for you.
Nov 11, 2009
i made this for my husband and i was surprised at how quick and delish it was!! he ate every bite!! i added a little more red wine and let it thicken up with the pork so it soaked up the flavor!