Chicken with Wine Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2/3 cup plum wine
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and water. In another shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with flour mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms until tender. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 260 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 266mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 29, 2011
I didn't have plum wine so I made it with regular white cooking wine. It was very simple but good. Probably not something I'd pull out for company, but a nice quick, light dish for my husband and me!
Sep 26, 2011
This was delicious, on the sweet side. Wish the wine sauce was a little thicker, think I'll add a touch of cornstarch or flour next time.
Sep 2, 2011
This was very easy and my whole family loved it.
Aug 24, 2011
Very quick and delicious. Good enough for pretty much any occasion too from casual to more decadent. In answer to the question about freezing wine, I do it all the time with leftover wine (yes leftover wine DOES happen occasionally!!) I usually use those disposable ice cube bags as I find them a perfect way to not waste it and they can easily "squoosh" into any corner of the freezer. Hope that helps! Helen
Aug 24, 2011
Re: Seminoles - I wonder, because it is a cooking recipe, if you could freeze the wine in 2/3 cup portions for future servings. Anyone?
Dec 29, 2010
Perfect quick dinner. Had 4 boneless chicken breasts in the freezer, used canned mushrooms(what we had on hand) and Ruby Port wine. Added 2 tablespoons brown gravy mix and it melted in our mouths. This is a keeper.
Sep 14, 2010
This was wonderful! The only drawback was that the plum wine was pricey - about $15 for the bottle. There was only one brand at my store, so perhaps there are less costly brands. Or maybe you could substitute another sweet, fruity wine. It was definitely great!
Aug 24, 2010
the chicken was tender & delicious I added a little butter / olive oil to cook chicken. The plumb wine is so good we put on quinoa.