Herbed Lamb Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 teaspoon each dried thyme, oregano and rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash paprika
- 4 lamb rib or loin chops (about 1-1/4 inches and 6 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- In a small bowl, combine the seasonings; set aside 1/4 teaspoon. Rub remaining herb mixture over both sides of lamb chops. In a shallow dish, combine the oil, lemon juice, bay leaves and lemon zest. Add chops and turn to coat. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain.
- In a large skillet, brown chops for 2 minutes on each side. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Top with butter and sprinkle with reserved herb mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 291 calories, 22g fat (5g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 376mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 14, 2019
I loved this recipe. I am new to lamb and this recipe was over the top for me. I omitted the coriander because i didn't have any. Otherwise, I fixed the recipe as written and I loved it! I thought the flavor was intense and the meat was very tender.
Apr 8, 2018
Decided to have lamb tonight for dinner. Never tried it before. Came across this recipe and decided to try it. So happy that I did, it was really yummy
Feb 22, 2012
This my go to entree for special occasions at home, especially when time is short. My husband is so excited everytime I make it!
Jun 12, 2011
Lovely recipe provided the necessary inspiration for something really quick. I did the rosemary, thyme, lemon and salt seasoning and at the end sprinkled parmesan&romano cheese on the top.
Feb 22, 2010
I used dried basil instead of rosemary and fresh orange juice and zest instead of lemon. I let it marinade about 10 min. Added a little water towards the end of the cooking process to create a little flavor liquid. My husband loved it and requested it again! It was absolutely delicious and wonderfully tender. I served it w/ garlic parmesian risotto and steamed asparagus.
Jan 15, 2010
I used three teaspoons of italian seaoning as substitute to the 1 teaspoon eash of thyme, oregano and rosemary. The combination of seasoning and lemon juice was perfect! It really brought out the flavor of the lamb. My husband and I will definitely be using this recipe again!