Herbed Lamb Chops with Crispy Potatoes
My mother's cooking is the inspiration behind this recipe. I adapted her scrumptious Easter leg of lamb so it can be served any day of the week. —Bryn Namavari, Chicago, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 40 min + standing Cook: 20 min.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1/3 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 lamb loin chops (1 inch thick and 3 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- Place the first nine ingredients in a food processor; pulse until blended. Spread over both sides of chops. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add potatoes; cook 15-20 minutes or until tender and golden brown, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with lemon pepper, salt and paprika; remove from pan. Keep warm.
- Grill chops, covered, over medium heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
- Toss spinach with potatoes; sprinkle with pine nuts. Serve with lamb chops.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Originally published as Herb Crusted Lamb Chops with Crispy Potatoes and Wilted Spinach Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.