Herbed Lamb Chops with Crispy Potatoes
My mother's cooking is the inspiration behind this recipe. I adapted her scrumptious Easter leg of lamb so it can be served any day of the week. —Bryn Namavari, Chicago, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 40 min + standing Cook: 20 min.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1/3 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 lamb loin chops (1 inch thick and 3 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- Place the first nine ingredients in a food processor; pulse until blended. Spread over both sides of chops. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add potatoes; cook 15-20 minutes or until tender and golden brown, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with lemon pepper, salt and paprika; remove from pan. Keep warm.
- Grill chops, covered, over medium heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
- Toss spinach with potatoes; sprinkle with pine nuts. Serve with lamb chops.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Herb Crusted Lamb Chops with Crispy Potatoes and Wilted Spinach Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2017