Herbed Rack of Lamb
We've raised sheep for years, so lamb has been a staple entree in our house as well as a favorite to serve when company comes. We do our own butchering and can cut the meat any way, but we've found the rack yields a perfect amount of meat for just the two of us. -Margery Bryan, Moses Lake, Washington
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 French-style rack of lamb (8 chops), about 1 pound
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a bowl, combine the oil, garlic, parsley, rosemary and thyme. Rub oil mixture over lamb.
- Place meat side up on a rack in a greased 11x7-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, 20-30 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).