Rosemary Leg of Lamb
Roast lamb is a treat for our family at Easter Time and on other special occasions. Before putting the meat in the oven, I rub on a mixture of garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper, which enhances the flavor. -Marie Hattrup Sparks, Nevada
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bone-in leg of lamb (7 to 9 pounds), trimmed
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine the garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper; rub over meat. Place on a rack in a large roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 hours or until the meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, pour pan drippings and loosened brown bits into a small saucepan. Skim fat. Combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Whisk into drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with lamb.