This tender, full-flavored rice makes a lovely side for a wide variety of main dishes, says Suzanne McKinley of Lyons, Georgia. It's also an easy recipe to double for company or extra guests.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 184 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 314mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Herb Rice in Light & Tasty February/March 2008
Jan 25, 2018
Nice, easy side dish. I served it alongside Taste of Home, Seasoned Tilapia.
Nov 5, 2014
Good one to prepare for dinner for
Aug 21, 2014
I made it without the added salt, and it was delicious.
May 27, 2014
easy and delicious!
Sep 21, 2013
easy and tasty!