Savory Herb Rice
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon chicken or 1/2 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, butter and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Add remaining ingredients. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 178 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 490mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Aug 14, 2019
I made this for church potluck dinner, and the pastor asked for me to make it again for his 50th Wedding Anniversary dinner for 100 guests. This recipe is perfect.
Apr 30, 2010
Contrary to the others, my family and I love this rice! It's so easy to throw together and very flavorful. This has become a regular, and much requested, recipe!
Mar 2, 2010
I just reviewed this and for some reason it changed my 3 stars to 5... and now it's not letting me choose 3 stars. I give it 3 stars.
Mar 2, 2010
This was all right, but not great. For my family, it's not worth making again... we'd much prefer Rice-a-Roni.