Sweet Pepper Rice
This tasty, colorful side dish is a lovely complement to many entrees. The peppers and rice make a nice texture, with a sprinkling of parsley for a gourmet touch. —Betty Nickeles, Tampa, Florida
Total TimePrep/Tottal Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a small skillet or saucepan, saute the rice and garlic in butter until rice is browned. Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add the peppers, oregano, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Fluff with a fork. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 240 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 674mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Sweet Pepper Rice in Reminisce Extra February 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.