Rice Seasoning Mix
"With rice and this mix on hand, you can whip up a tasty side dish whenever you need one," says Linnea Rein from Topeka, Kansas. "It goes with any meat and has superb flavor."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
Makes4-6 servings per batch
- 1 cup sliced almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 cups water
- Combine the first nine ingredients. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 10 batches (2 cups total).
- To prepare rice: Combine 3 tablespoons seasoning mix, rice and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the water is absorbed.
Nutrition Facts3/4 tablespoon: 125 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 371mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Rice Seasoning Mix in Quick Cooking May/June 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.