Homemade Seasoned Rice Mix
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 3 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 6 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup rice mix (above)
- Combine all ingredients in a storage container with a tight-fitting lid. Yield: about 3-1/2 cups.
- To prepare rice as a side dish: Combine 2 cups water and 1 tablespoon butter in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir in one rounded cup of rice mix. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 99 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 242mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 4, 2010
This recipe is okay. I didn't think it had enough seasoning. I might actually add more bouillon granules next time.
Apr 8, 2010
This recipe is a great idea! I only changed the garlic powder to 1 tsp. The rice is flavorful but not overwhelming. I served this side dish with chicken and it was absolutely delicious! A keeper!
Mar 7, 2010
This is a staple in our household! Complements everything, especially chicken or fish and fresh veggies.
Jan 18, 2010
It was bit salty so I think I'll cut the seasonings down next time, but will for sure make again!
Nov 19, 2008
To reduce the sodium in this, and not lose a bit of the flavor, just sub the 6 t of chicken bouillion crystals for 2 envelopes of Herbox Low , or no, sodium chicken flavor packets. You can cook the rice mix in water, with just 1 t of salt added, but really it is not needed, and you'll never miss it. You can also get blow sodium beef crystals.
Dec 14, 2007
This is very tasty. Nice to have on hand in the pantry.