Chicken Flavored Rice Mix
This recipe is a perfect make ahead mix which can be stored for later. Giving them for gifts is also very easy; just put in a pretty container with addition instructions.—Pueblo County Extension Office, Bea Karnes, Pueblo, Colorado
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried celery flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon sugar or sugar substitute equivalent to1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Combine all ingredients. Store in small plastic bag or container. For gift-giving, package in a pretty container and decorate with colorful ribbons or bows. Be sure to attach preparation instructions. Yield: 3 cups.
- To prepare: In a saucepan, combine rice mix with 2 cups water and 2 tablespoons butter. Cover and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 153 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 657mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Flavored Rice Mix in Country Woman March/April 1991
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.