Seasoned Brown Rice
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup long grain brown rice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring water and rice to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 35-45 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
Jun 16, 2012
Will definitely cook again! It was flavorful and not too spicy for someone who likes pepper. Was a good accompaniment for the Asian Salmon recipe in Light & tasty...
Jun 11, 2010
Nothing special, quite spicy. Not a keeper recipe.
Jan 1, 2010
This recipe was too spicy hot for us. I should have skipped the cayenne pepper and the ginger was overpowering though I used the lesser amount. I afraid this one won't be a repeat.
Aug 6, 2009
This is very good, goes well with the Beef Vegetable Stir-Fry. Husband couldn't rave enough.
Jan 19, 2009
It doesn't get easier than this! Plus, it's quite tasty. I recommend it for an easy side dish.