Seasoned Brown Rice
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup long grain brown rice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring water and rice to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 35-45 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 118 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 157mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.
Jun 16, 2012
Will definitely cook again! It was flavorful and not too spicy for someone who likes pepper. Was a good accompaniment for the Asian Salmon recipe in Light & tasty...
Jun 11, 2010
Nothing special, quite spicy. Not a keeper recipe.
Jan 1, 2010
This recipe was too spicy hot for us. I should have skipped the cayenne pepper and the ginger was overpowering though I used the lesser amount. I afraid this one won't be a repeat.
Aug 6, 2009
This is very good, goes well with the Beef Vegetable Stir-Fry. Husband couldn't rave enough.
Jan 19, 2009
It doesn't get easier than this! Plus, it's quite tasty. I recommend it for an easy side dish.