Wild Rice Harvest Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours
- 4 to 5 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3/4 cup cashew pieces
- Chopped fresh parsley
- In a skillet, brown chicken and celery in butter. In a large bowl, combine soup and broth until smooth. Add the mushrooms, onion, rice, poultry seasoning and chicken mixture. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover and bake for 30 minutes. Stir; sprinkle with cashews. Return to the oven for 15 minutes or until the rice is tender. Garnish with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 252 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 510mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Mar 22, 2011
Hubby said "you can make this once a week".
Oct 4, 2008
This is absolutely delicious! We had friends over and served this dish and what a great dish! I substituted julienned carrots for the celery since I didn't have any on celery hand and I also baked it in my cast iron dutch oven. I will definately make this one again!