Wild Rice Pilaf Bake
Total TimePrep: 1 hour Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 3/4 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add wild rice; reduce heat. Cover and cook for 30 minutes. Add long grain rice; cook 20-25 minutes longer or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onion, carrots and rosemary in butter until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the rice, broccoli and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Fluff with a fork before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 219 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 273mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Apr 24, 2019
This was very easy and tasty. It's also a very flexible recipe and you can make it better with a little customization for your tastes. I used every ingredient this recipe called for, but added chopped cremini mushrooms, herbs de provence, and a dash of white pepper. It came out delicious. Next time, I may try some type of nut (maybe chopped walnuts or slivered almonds).
Jan 15, 2015
I have very picky little eaters and they absolutely LOVED this dish. I didn't add the broccoli and I diced the carrots into very small pieces. I used multi-grain rice mixture and added a teaspoon of Italian seasoning, dried sage and 2 celery stalk..YUMMO!! This does take about 30-40 minutes longer to bake than recipe says but so worth it!! I too used less butter and it was perfect.
Dec 6, 2013
We enjoyed the addition of some vegetables in this pilaf. Wonderful side dish for pork or chicken.
Feb 8, 2013
My guests loved it!
Dec 31, 2012
Great recipe. May only tip is to cook the wild rice longer si that it "pops".
Jun 1, 2011
Changed a bit to work for "regular" size meals: 1/3 c wild rice, 3/4 c parboiled (ie Uncle Ben's) rice, 2 c water + 1 tsp chicken stock base, 2 stalks celery, 1 carrot, 1 Tbsp butter, 1/2 tsp rosemary, 1/4 tsp black pepper, 1.5 c frozen broc florets. Left out onion (I don't eat it). Also reduced butter - original is ok for holidays but a bit much for week nites!
May 12, 2011
Next time I will reduce the amount of butter - otherwise a great recipe.