Wild Rice Hot Dish
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + standing Bake: 2-1/2 hours
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 1 can (28 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 bay leaf, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon each celery salt, onion salt, poultry seasoning, garlic powder, paprika and pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, pour water over rice; let stand for 15 minutes. Drain and set aside. In a skillet, brown ground beef and onion. Drain; add to rice with remaining ingredients except almonds. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 2 hours. Sprinkle almonds on top; bake, uncovered, 30 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 216 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 853mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein.
Aug 20, 2012
Cut recipe in half and also added a little garlic to the meat. Very good and will make again.
Jun 2, 2009
I have been making this for several years. Took it to a potluck at work and the girls loved it. Now they are all making it. I usually cut the recipe in half.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.