Wild Rice Hot Dish
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + standing Bake: 2-1/2 hours
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 1 can (28 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 bay leaf, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon each celery salt, onion salt, poultry seasoning, garlic powder, paprika and pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, pour water over rice; let stand for 15 minutes. Drain and set aside. In a skillet, brown ground beef and onion. Drain; add to rice with remaining ingredients except almonds. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 2 hours. Sprinkle almonds on top; bake, uncovered, 30 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 216 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 853mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 20, 2012
Cut recipe in half and also added a little garlic to the meat. Very good and will make again.
Jun 2, 2009
I have been making this for several years. Took it to a potluck at work and the girls loved it. Now they are all making it. I usually cut the recipe in half.