Favorite Company Casserole
My guests like this casserole even if they don't usually like all the ingredients in it! For instance, people who don't care for broccoli don't mind it in this dish. And I like the way it's so easy to make and serve when company comes. —Suzann Verdun, Lisle, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) wild rice, cooked
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup cubed cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a greased 2-qt. baking dish, layer the first six ingredients in order listed. Combine mayonnaise, mustard, curry and soup. Spread over top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 45-60 minutes or until top is light golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 405 calories, 32g fat (8g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 872mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Company Casserole in Country April/May 1991
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.