Casserole for a Crowd
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) peas, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a greased roasting pan. Stir in the noodles, corn, peas and mushrooms.
- In a large saucepan, combine 2-1/2 cups cheese with the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted. Pour over noodle mixture and mix well. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 356 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 985mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Feb 2, 2018
We loved this recipe! I made it as written, except I substituted elbow macaroni for the egg noodles because I was out of the noodles. Also, didn't use the peas because my family doesn't like them. Was a huge hit! I was going to cut the recipe in half because there are only four of us, but I'm glad I didn't as most of the casserole went for supper with enough leftover for today's lunches! Thanks for sharing this recipe!
May 8, 2014
It was fine, but probably wouldn't make it again.
Mar 21, 2014
YUM! Left out egg noodles and peas. Added a little velveeta. Put tater tots on top. Baked at 450 for 30 minutes. Everyone loved it.
Mar 21, 2013
Took it to a dinner meeting, everyone really enjoyed it. I will be making it a lot more often.
Jan 27, 2013
Very easy and delicious.
Jan 22, 2013
this was delicious. Just finished eating and doing the dishes. I did a lettuce salad and garlic bread. It would not serve 12 the way we ate! 3 yr old grandson loved it. Diane McGill
Jul 7, 2012
Made it exact to recipe except I used frozen peas and corn, got great reviews. Will definitely make again, good comfort food recipe!
Feb 2, 2011
I forgot to mention that since I don't have a roasting pan, I used two 2-qt. casserole dishes. They were full, but not too full, and I froze one for later. Convenient!
Feb 2, 2011
Simple and tasty, but next time I'll use frozen vegetables rather than canned - just my personal preference.
Jan 12, 2011
I replaced the cream of celery soup with cream of chicken and the mushrooms with Italian diced tomatoes, awesome recipe will definately make again.