Seasoned Noodle Mix
In Warren, Minnesota, Dawn Fagerstrom gets a head start on a side dish with this pleasant seasoning mixture that works with most any type of noodles you have in your pantry. Add water and pop the dish in the oven alongside your entree.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes4 servings per batch
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1-1/4 cups boiling water
- In a bowl, combine bouillon, parsley, onion and pepper. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 3 batches (about 1/3 cup total).
- To prepare noodles: Place noodles in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Dot with butter. Add water and 5 teaspoons seasoning mix. Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes; stir. Cover and bake 5 minutes longer or until noodles are tender. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts5 teaspoon: 85 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 434mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Seasoned Noodle Mix in Quick Cooking May/June 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.