Homemade Spanish Rice
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup tomato juice
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 119 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 27, 2017
Easy to make. A nice accompaniment for a Mexican entry.
Sep 13, 2015
I have made this' twice. Love it! Much better than restaurant Spanish rice and easy to make.
Jan 25, 2014
I made this tonight. My husband and I both liked it. I used petite diced tomatoes and a small can of Spicy V-8 instead of the tomato juice. It was really good and easy to make.
Mar 22, 2013
Just made this 2 nights ago along with Easy Chicken Enchiladas. This was so easy to prepare. I used a little can of V-8 juice since that's what I had on hand. Next time, I will use a can of diced tomatoes instead of the stewed tomatoes because the extra large chunks overpowered the rice. I will make this again!