Best Spanish Rice
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1/4 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 3 tablespoons each chopped onion, celery and green pepper
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/8 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 to 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- Dash each salt, paprika and pepper
- 3/4 cup canned diced tomatoes
- In a small saucepan, cook the sausage, onion, celery and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Add the water, rice, Cajun seasoning, pepper sauce, salt, paprika and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring once. Stir in tomatoes; heat through.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 158 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 342mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Jul 22, 2012
Very easy and quick to make. Tastes delicious! Easily adapted to suit personal taste. Freezes wonderfully!
Jul 2, 2009
I used this mixture in scooped out zicchini - what a treat! thank you for sharing.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.