Spanish Rice Enchiladas
Total TimePrep: 55 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning, divided
- 2-1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 package (6.8 ounces) Spanish rice and pasta mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- Diced avocado, sliced ripe olives, shredded lettuce, sour cream and/or taco sauce
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Set aside 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning; add remaining seasoning to beef. Stir in 3/4 cup water; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute rice mix in butter over medium heat until golden brown. Add the tomatoes, contents of rice seasoning packet and remaining water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in beef mixture.
- Spread over tortillas to within 1/2 in. of edge. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Combine tomato sauce and reserved taco seasoning; pour over the enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with toppings of your choice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 646 calories, 26g fat (14g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 2065mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 8g fiber), 31g protein.
Jul 18, 2014
When satuing rice add a finly diced red & green bell pepper, save a bit for the top. We don't like olives so it adds color.
Sep 26, 2009
I made these for the first time last night & my family loved them! I used 2lbs of ground beef & added garlic salt & green chilies while it was cooking & they turned out awesome!!
May 11, 2009
I've made these enchiladas several times and they are absolutely delicious. For a more spicey, southwestern type of flavor, I use a can of diced tomatoes with green chilies instead of the plain diced tomatoes.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.