Simple Spanish Rice
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook brown rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and pepper in butter until tender. Stir in tomatoes and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in cooked rice; heat through.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 183 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 390mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 16, 2015
Feb 10, 2015
We love this rice!
Jan 6, 2013
Very flavorful dish. I could just make a meal off of this. Makes a good bit also.
May 16, 2010
This was great. I didn't have any brown rice, so used wild rice. My guests loved it!