Simple Spanish Rice
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook brown rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and pepper in butter until tender. Stir in tomatoes and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in cooked rice; heat through.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 183 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 390mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Apr 16, 2015
Feb 10, 2015
We love this rice!
Jan 6, 2013
Very flavorful dish. I could just make a meal off of this. Makes a good bit also.
May 16, 2010
This was great. I didn't have any brown rice, so used wild rice. My guests loved it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.