Easy Mexican Rice
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and red pepper in butter until tender. Add the tomatoes, water, rice, garlic salt and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with cheese.
Jul 28, 2012
Family liked this one. I would add green chiles next time for a little more kick. Quick, easy was a real plus.
Jan 25, 2009
this recipe is so good
Nov 20, 2008
I love spanish rice! I recommend using Mexican style tomatoes with green chilies and Mexican style cheese or cheddar rather than mozzarella. With those changes, YUM!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.