Pork Spanish Rice
My family wasn't fond of pork roast until I used it in this yummy casserole.—Betty Unrau, MacGregor, Manitoba
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-3/4 cups cubed cooked pork
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- Lime wedge and minced cilantro, optional
- In a large skillet, saute green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; stir in pork and rice.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, 20-25 minutes. Stir before serving. If desired, serve with lime wedges and top with minced cilantro.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 304 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 756mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Originally published as Pork Spanish Rice in Casserole Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.