Pork Spanish Rice
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-3/4 cups cubed cooked pork
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- Optional: Lime wedges and minced cilantro
- In a large skillet, saute green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; stir in pork and rice.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, 20-25 minutes. Stir before serving. If desired, serve with lime wedges and top with minced cilantro.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 304 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 756mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Mar 22, 2020
This was tasty. I did not like the pork recipe the magazine recommended, but this was very good.
Feb 20, 2020
I use Basmati rice instead and 1 1/2 cups of broth. Also add a pinch of saffron.
Feb 10, 2020
Solid 3 ?? until we added some refried beans and topped it with sour cream and cheese! Then it definitely hit 4 ??! Really good meal and kids loved it!
Feb 7, 2020
Easy and healthy recipe; to give it a Southwest flavor I added 1/2 tsp of cumin and 1/2 tsp of chili powder. You could add more if you prefer more intensity.
Jan 22, 2020
I loved this! We didn’t have have instant rice so I cooked rice. I cut the chicken broth down to 1/4 cup