Pork Spanish Rice
My family wasn't fond of pork roast until I used it in this yummy casserole.—Betty Unrau, MacGregor, Manitoba
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-3/4 cups cubed cooked pork
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- In a large skillet, saute green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; stir in pork and rice.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 304 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 756mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Pork Spanish Rice in Casserole Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.