Hamburger Spanish Rice
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a large skillet, brown the beef, onion, green pepper and rice. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until the rice is tender.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 314 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 1169mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Nov 16, 2015
Fast, easy and delicious!!!!
Aug 8, 2015
This is identical to my Mother's recipe for Spanish Rice I have been served since a child. The only difference is the elimination of the Worcestershire. She also served it with an ample amount of parmesan cheese. The topping is a delicious compliment to the rich, tomato flavor!
Mar 23, 2015
This is a fantastic recipe. Using a whole green pepper is definitely the way to go. I omit the sugar and salt and add a couple of drops of sriracha for a little bit of heat and flavor.
Dec 8, 2014
Super delicious & filling! However, next time, I will add a whole green pepper & a can of diced tomatoes for more flavor.
Oct 21, 2014
Easy filling dinner
Aug 16, 2012
My husband loved it. Simple and easy to make. Just add a side of tortilla chips and you got a meal!
Mar 17, 2008
this was outstanding
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.