Hamburger Spanish Rice
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a large skillet, brown the beef, onion, green pepper and rice. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until the rice is tender.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 314 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 1169mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Dec 17, 2018
Very good! I added a can of fire roasted salsa tomatoes for more flavor.
Nov 16, 2015
Fast, easy and delicious!!!!
Aug 8, 2015
This is identical to my Mother's recipe for Spanish Rice I have been served since a child. The only difference is the elimination of the Worcestershire. She also served it with an ample amount of parmesan cheese. The topping is a delicious compliment to the rich, tomato flavor!
Mar 23, 2015
This is a fantastic recipe. Using a whole green pepper is definitely the way to go. I omit the sugar and salt and add a couple of drops of sriracha for a little bit of heat and flavor.
Oct 21, 2014
Easy filling dinner
Aug 16, 2012
My husband loved it. Simple and easy to make. Just add a side of tortilla chips and you got a meal!
Mar 17, 2008
this was outstanding