Spanish Rice with Sausage
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup chili sauce or salsa
- 1-1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook sausage, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Add tomatoes, water rice and chili sauce. Cover and cook over low heat for 30 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 679 calories, 33g fat (17g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 1463mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 5g fiber), 23g protein.
Mar 24, 2015
Delicious inexpensive main dish! Great for a potluck. I like that it uses ingredients I always have on hand.
May 5, 2011
What great flavor! It was also easy, used common ingredients, and only dirtied one pan. You can't beat that!
May 5, 2011
What great flavor! It was easy, used common ingredients, and only dirtied one pan. You can't beat that!