Italian Sausage Fried Rice
I created this dish one day when I wasn't in the mood for anything I'd tried before. I used ingredients I had on hand. It's since become one of my family's requested meals.—Janet Wood, Windham, New Hampshire
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the rice, onion and garlic; cook and stir until onion is tender. Stir in the water, salt and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 18-20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in tomatoes and peas; cover and cook 5-10 minutes longer or until peas are heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 279 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 866mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Italian Sausage Fried Rice in Casserole Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.