Italian Sausage and Zucchini Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound Italian sausage links, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups julienned or coarsely shredded zucchini
- 2 cups seeded chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the zucchini, tomatoes, lemon juice, salt, oregano and pepper sauce. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Garnish with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 231 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 695mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 24, 2013
I made this tonight and my husband gave it a big thumbs up - I added some yellow and red bell pepper slices that I had on hand. I served it with cheese tortellini drizzled with olive oil garlic powder oregano and parmesan cheese and focaccia bread. I will definitely make it again.