Italian Sausage and Zucchini Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups julienned or coarsely shredded zucchini
- 2 cups seeded chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the zucchini, tomatoes, lemon juice, salt, oregano and pepper sauce. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Garnish with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 231 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 695mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein.
Jun 24, 2013
I made this tonight and my husband gave it a big thumbs up - I added some yellow and red bell pepper slices that I had on hand. I served it with cheese tortellini drizzled with olive oil garlic powder oregano and parmesan cheese and focaccia bread. I will definitely make it again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.