Sausage Over Rice
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1/2 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion, green pepper, celery and garlic over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain.
- Add the tomato sauce, beans, water, garlic powder, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and pepper sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until flavors are blended. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 410 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 957mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 22g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 5, 2015
Very tasty! full of flavor and simple to make, used already cooked Hillshire farms beef sausage instead of pork sausage and red bell pepper instead of green.
Feb 17, 2014
Very yummy! I made a double recipe. I used mild and hot italian sausage, and added okra! Its quite spicy which I love.
Jan 22, 2011
Enjoyed it a lot.I used mild italian saus.and half a tin of mild rotelle tomatoes,added about half a tin of tomato soup(I used homemade)and omitted the chili powder,garlic powder,pepper,added a bit of saltand served it over pasta.Will definitely make it again.
Nov 3, 2010
The meal grows on you. By the time you get to the end you are licking your lips and saying to yourself...that was really good. I may try it with diced tomatoes next time to get some more veggies in it.