Quick Pork Fried Rice
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups cubed cooked pork
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Pour eggs into skillet. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are completely cooked, remove to plate. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, combine the rice, pork, peas, soy sauce and garlic powder; heat through. Meanwhile, chop egg into small pieces; add to skillet. Remove from the heat; stir in lettuce and onions. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 366 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 149mg cholesterol, 869mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Jun 21, 2017
I thought it was very good and so easy. I did add 2 scrambled eggs and soy sauce to taste which made it perfect for us.
Sep 2, 2014
I love to cook, but have searched for many years for an "authentic tasting" fried rice to make at home. This was the ticket! It was crunchy, delicious, and tasted like the real thing. It was a hit with the entire family. I served it with spring rolls, fresh fruit and of course, the unusual twist, "the lettuce" ; which when all put together yielded a yummy and filling dinner. Thanks for a new family fav Judy!
Jul 10, 2014
Quick, easy and tasty.
Jun 18, 2012
Thought the use of shredded lettuce was weird but this was very good. Will make it again and it is a great use for leftover pork roast!
Feb 29, 2012
I used whole wheat rice for it's nutritional value and substituted chicken for the pork. Very good!
Dec 3, 2011
I also used sesame oil in place of canola. I cooked the pork with sesame oil as well. I think this really adds to the Asian flavor which would not be so bold with canola.
Sep 6, 2011
Easy and good. I substituted broccoli for the peas and used sesame oil instead of canola to boost the asian flavor. A great use for leftover pork. I would definitely make this recipe again.
Aug 28, 2011
Excellent easy dinner. The best part is the kids loved it!! Wouldn't change a thing.
Aug 27, 2011
Quick and easy! Make it even easier with bagged, pre-shredded lettuce. I used only 2 cups of rice and replaced the garlic powder with 1 fresh clove, minced.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.