Spanish Sausage Supper
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound fully cooked smoked sausage, sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 package (6.8 ounces) Spanish rice and pasta mix
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute the green pepper, celery and onion in oil until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 580 calories, 36g fat (14g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 2599mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 29, 2018
Very good and very delicious as is but next time I am going to add some jalapeños to spice it up some
Apr 28, 2015
This was absolutely delicious. The slight crunch of the vegetables, the kick from the smoked sausage to the smooth creaminess of the rice, and then the tanginess of the olives, all combine to make this dish so tasty, satisfying and filling. It was indeed a simple failure proof recipe. The only modification I made was exchanging chicken broth for the water. Look forward to making it again.
May 23, 2012
OMG. We so loved this. I can't wait for a pot luck so I can bring it. I didn't add the olives since my kids don't like them and they ate every bite.
Dec 26, 2009
Quick, easy and delicious!