Total TimePrep: 35 min. Process: 10 min.
- 1-1/4 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 pouch (3 ounces) liquid fruit pectin
- 2 to 3 drops green food coloring
- In a large saucepan, combine boiling water and rosemary; cover and let stand for 15 minutes. Strain, reserving liquid. If necessary, add water to measure 1-1/4 cups. Return liquid to pan; add sugar and vinegar. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Add pectin, stirring until mixture boils. Boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Add food coloring if desired. Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles, wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
Editor's NoteThe processing time listed is for altitudes of 1,000 feet or less. Add 1 minute to the processing time for each 1,000 feet of additional altitude.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 42 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 11g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 22, 2010
Although this jelly has a slight aroma of vinegar, it has a very nice flavor. I think the rosemary flavor needs to be a bit stronger, so I will make it again using 3 T minced rosemary instead of 2 T.
Jun 16, 2009
I would say 3 half pints with the amount stated above.
Jan 13, 2009
I'm confused about the yield of this recipe. Does it make three half pints or 3 1/2 pints (seven half pints)?