Honey Lemon Jelly
I love both honey and lemon, so I combined those ingredients into a doubly delightful jelly. Spread it on toast, bagels, English muffins or scones for a tangy breakfast treat.
Total TimePrep: 50 min. Process: 5 min.
- 2-1/2 cups honey
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1 pouch (3 ounces) liquid fruit pectin
- In a Dutch oven, combine honey, lemon juice and peel. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin. Continue to boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into three hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool.
Editor's NoteThe processing time listed is for altitudes of 1,000 feet or less. Add 1 minute to the processing time for each 1,000 feet of additional altitude.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 110 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Honey Lemon Jelly in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.