Honey Blueberry Cobbler Jam
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 5 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) pectin for lower sugar recipes
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Rinse five 1-cup plastic or freezer-safe containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly.
- Place blueberries in a large saucepan; mash blueberries. Stir in juice and pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in honey, nutmeg and cinnamon; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Immediately fill all containers to within 1/2 in. of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers; immediately cover with lids. Let stand at room temperature 24 hours.
- Jam is now ready to use. Refrigerate up to 2 weeks or freeze up to 12 months. Thaw frozen jam in refrigerator before serving.
- Freeze option: Freeze up to 12 months. To use, thaw in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 39 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 13mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 28, 2015
Family loved this recipe; loved that it is low in sugar. My husband is a diabetic.
Jun 29, 2015
This is super yummy! I gave jars to my neighbor and she loved it also. Very easy to make.