Lime Mint Jelly
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Process: 10 min.
- 4 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 3 to 4 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1 pouch (3 ounces) liquid fruit pectin
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup grated lime zest
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, water and lime juice; add food coloring if desired. Bring to a rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin, mint and lime zest. Continue to boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into five hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 79 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Oct 15, 2009
This is tasty, however did not set up, so I had to reprocess according to MCP directions, and I am awaiting the results. I contacted the expert (mom) for the second try and she said the pectin had to go in BEFORE the sugar. I revised the order of ingredients and it was setting up as I was putting it into the jars.