Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 15 min. + standing
- 2-1/3 cups water
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 4-1/2 cups sugar
- Rinse six 1-cup plastic containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly. In a Dutch oven or large stockpot, combine water, orange juice concentrate and pectin. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a full rolling boil. Add sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam if necessary. Immediately fill all containers to within 1/2 in. of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers; cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Cover and let stand overnight or until set. But not longer than 24 hours.
- Jelly is now ready to use. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year. Thaw frozen jelly in refrigerator before serving.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 90 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 23g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Dec 13, 2015
Question? Can you make this and then place them in glass jars and process in a hot water 10 minute boil bath as you would other jams? Really want to try this recipe, but want to store in the pantry to use later.
Nov 9, 2015
DaughterofHades ~ They just want you to cool them for an hour before putting the lids on them. Letting them set overnight after that allows the jelly to set-up.Sue StetzelOnline Community ManagerTaste of Home Magazine
Jan 12, 2015
When you say cover, do you mean cover with a dish towel and put lids on later? Or put the lids on?
Aug 1, 2011
Aug 9, 2009
I tried making this jelly, and it was VERY simple. I also tried turning the bottles upside down after pouring into hot jars and covering. As soon as I righted the jars they popped! I have a good seal, but I'll keep and eye on them! Thanks for the post!
Jan 2, 2009
Why can't you cover the jars immediately,turn them upside down for 5 minutes,uprite them and let them seal? This would allow them to keep much longer.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.