Plum Orange Jam
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Process: 5 min.
- 10 cups chopped plums (about 4-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) pectin for lower sugar recipes
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a Dutch oven, combine plums and orange juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5-7 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally. Stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar, orange zest and cinnamon; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into 10 hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool.
Editor's NoteThe processing time listed is for altitudes of 1,000 feet or less. Add 1 minute to the processing time for each 1,000 feet of additional altitude.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 50 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 13g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 28, 2016
The directions never say when to add the grated orange peel or the cinnamon. I made this and the jam is runny. I don't know if I should eat it or not. Should the process time be 10 min instead of 5 min?
Aug 22, 2015
I added rhubarb and it turned out sooooo good!