Pear Raspberry Jam
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Process: 10 min.
- 2 cups coarsely chopped peeled ripe pears (about 2 medium)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 6 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons bottled lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 1 pouch (3 ounces) liquid fruit pectin
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Quickly stir in pectin; return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
Editor's NoteThe processing time listed is for altitudes of 1,000 feet or less. Add 1 minute to the processing time for each 1,000 feet of additional altitude.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 104 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 27g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Apr 27, 2015
Mine made more then 8 half pint jars. When I tasted the jam the orange zest over powered at first but then the raspberry pear came through. The next time I make this jam I will not use as much orange zest. Set up great.
Aug 14, 2013
Love it...so easy to make.
Jul 10, 2013
Everyone liked this jam but would like to convert it to low sugar. Please let me know how to convert this recipe
Sep 17, 2011
This is absolutely wonderful. My family loves it. Planning to make if for Christmas give-aways this year. Super easy, came out perfect.