Vanilla Pear Berry Jam
This is the first jam that I came up with on my own—it turned out pretty well!—Rachel Creech, Marion, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Process: 10 min.
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2 cups chopped peeled ripe pears (about 2 medium)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 6 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Crush strawberries; transfer to a Dutch oven. Stir in pears, lemon juice and pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar, return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; skim off foam. Stir in vanilla.
- Ladle hot mixture into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool.
Editor's NoteThe processing time listed is for altitudes of 1,000 feet or less. Add 1 minute to the processing time for each 1,000 feet of additional altitude.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 91 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 23g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Vanilla Pear Berry Jam in Taste of Home August/September 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.